The role of the Sr. Program Manager is to plan and execute a large business transformation effort for one of our large clients according to strict deadlines and within budget. The Program Manager will be responsible for coordinating efforts across project teams to deliver all program projects according to plan. The Program Manager will assist in defining the program objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Work with management to define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Working with management, develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
- Develop, track and monitor budget for the project
- Liaise with Executive Sponsors on an ongoing basis
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants if necessary during project cycle
- Set and continually manage program expectations with team members and other stakeholders
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts across project teams
- Identify and manage program dependencies and critical path
- Track program milestones and deliverables
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations for various stakeholder groups, including executives.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the program, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas
- Proactively manage changes in scope, identify potential risks and issues, and devise contingency plans
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise program/project team members and consultants, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the program
- Conduct program post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Perform other duties as required by client and Program Sponsors
- Experience working in Banking or Insurance Industries preferred
- Experience implementing significant business changes required
- Knowledge of program/project management methodology and tools
- Ability to work independently and in teams, prioritizing multiple projects, issues and tasks with minimal direction
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in the analysis, design, implementation, deployment, training, and support of a variety of large and complex projects
- Ability to interface knowledgeably and effectively with senior executives as well as individuals and teams from across all functions in the company
- Exceptional customer service orientation and written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, questioning and consultative skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project and PowerPoint
- Candidates local to Houston, TX preferred
- Willingness to travel as needed for an assigned project